Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lapband update 112409

Hmmm, what to type. I'm proud of my accomplishments on one hand, then on the other, I'm frustrated with my lack of will power. I've been running pretty steady now for the last 2 months. A friend of mine encouraged me to run farther, not faster. Great advice! This week, I've started running 3 miles instead of 2. And I was so proud when I ran 3 miles without walking.
Then on the other side, I seem to have no problem eating a half a bag of M&M's, chocolate, sweets, whatever is what I am really struggling with. I have got to try harder, change some things in my life. I put so much into exercise and i'm not reaping the benefits of it because I can't stop eating crap.

One habit that I decided needs to stop tonight is eating before bed. I jump in bed after a long day, turn on the tv, power up my laptop to do some work I didn't get done and eat. Stops tonight. and If I do, it'll be something healthy.

Healthy eating is not easy, nor cheap. That's what makes it hard for me. But, I need to make some changes for my family, my husband, daughter and myself!

With that said, my eyes are burning because i'm so tired and it's 8pm. LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!
Kerri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri,
Just wanted to tell you thank you for your blog. I am 5 week out from having my lap band surgery and I'm soooooo frustrated. I can't seem to find any information, help, support, etc. I'm struggling to keep off the 25# I lost essentially the 1st 10 days (while on liquids post op). I've learned so much just reading what you have gone through. Thank you! Jody in Texas

Kerri said...

HI Jody. I remember being right where you are! I was extremely frustrated because I wanted to be at the right "fill" amount and wasn't. It was so hard to hang on and stay focused. How many fills have you had? I'm pretty sure it was about my 4th fill that it finally was feeling right.

You must stay focused on eating healthy, because, for me, I still want to eat the high calorie sugars and high fat foods. I have the exercise part down no problem and right now, my challange is healthy eating.

I also wonder about my metabolism. Our clinic just started offering a test called the Indirect Calorimetry. it's $50 but I really want to do this. Google it, see what you find.

When you get your band adjusted to where it needs to be, it will be far less frustrating!

Keep me posted! And try to stay positive and be proud of all you've accomplished so far, and all you WILL accomplish!
Happy Thanksgiving
Kerri