Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lapband Update 010510

Happy New Year!

I said to my hubby the other night. "Maybe I should get a fill"? Because I feel like i've been eating too much junk food that I shouldn't be eating. It stinks that some of the unhealthiest foods, do not get stuck. GRRRR

Anyway, he said, "sure, cuz that's what I want to listen to...my wife gagging all the time, choking up food that's stuck". The next night, which was last night. I ate cooked cauliflower and chicken and it GOT STUCK bad. It hurt and I ended up in the bathroom forcing it up because it was soooo stuck. I forgot cauliflower is bad! Gets stuck everytime! But it was a reminder that I need to focus and remember the things i've been taught over the last couple years since my lapband surgery.

Biggest thing...journal everything you eat and your exercise. I have an Ipod touch and found an excellent application. It's called Tap and Track.

http://www.livingafterwls.com
That is an excellent website!

97 KYCK is gearing up for a Biggest Loser contest and that is a huge benefit. I am very excited to help others reach their weight loss/health goals and I hope to inspire.

I have to go to bed! Good Night!

Kerri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering kerri have you looked into things about your metabolism and eating. you are supposed to stoke your metabolism "fire" within 45 minutes upon awaking or else your body goes into conservation mode and all your food goes to fat. also to prevent that the metabolism going up and down, which causes huge problems, you must eat healthy snacks between meals, nuts are great. have you exed out white foods? white, enriched flours? white spaghetti? terrible stuff all this gluten and what-not. Genetically Modified Organisms, processed foods, fruits and vegetables average thousands of miles before they are super market shelves. Our food is terrible. This family finds themselves going all organic. Have changed a lot of eating habits really. Aunt and uncle David and Mitzie are working with Herbalife and seems to be going well for them. The training that david is going through is very helpful information as far as eating right goes.

Kerri said...

HI there, finally getting back to this post. I'll answer the questions in the order I read them.

1. I have a hemp protein shake most mornings with light and fit yougurt, frozen blueberries and low sugar fruit juice. If not that, I have a Zone protein bar.

2. Since my lapband surgery I haven't been able to eat bread, pasta and other high carb junk.

3. I have changed my eating habit ALOT. Even more since we started this contest 3 weeks ago.

4. I'm working out more and harder than I ever have and my eating habits are better than ever also.

5. I'm mostly eating the breakfast like I said, lowfat cottage cheese around 10, Boca chicken/cheeseburger patties(high protein/low fat) along with alot of lettuce.
then I have a protein bar or shake on my way to the gym. Come home and eat a healthy supper.

I am exercising at least 5 times a week, including Spin class, cardio/weigh training with my team trainer, row machine, elliptical bike, etc...

The only mistake I can say that I make is eating something before bed. I usually have a bowl of wheat/rice flakes. (lower carbs).


Now can you understand my frustration?

thanks for your reply and tips
Kerri