Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Foods I can't eat..just in case you're wondering

Hi there! Thought I would share some of the foods I can't eat right now. (ha, probably because i'm still NOT taking small enough bites). It's really hard, i'm so used to eating fast and taking big bites, I feel like i'm taking smaller bites, but it's still not small enough!

Macaroni
bread/bagels
chicken/turkey
pizza
eggs
cheese

I can eat: chips, ice cream, dilly bars, fish, of coarse soups, tuna(kinda)-very very slow!

I'm sitting here typing as I have a bite of fish stick stuck. Man it hurts...for about 10 minutes until it finally goes down. No, water does not help...makes it worse actually! Then I really get burpy! You know, burpy and food comes back up in your mouth! I will say this tho, it keeps me from over eating! I just really have to learn to SSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWW down! Part of the problem is i'm always rushing around trying to do too many things, so taking time to eat isn't really an option for me. I'm finding I eat alot of cold food, but that's ok too.

BTW....not only do we have a CUSS JAR at work and have to put a $1 in when we cuss(money is going to St. Jude Childrens Hospital)...for lent but it dawned on me today I need to give up dilly bars. That's huge for me!

Are you exercising? How's YOUR eating going? You can do it! come on now!

take care,
Kerri

3 comments:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Giving up something for lent is the best way to keep you on track...at least for the next few weeks. I gave up candy/chocolate this year....I haven't done that in a long time. Dilly Bars is a small sacrifice, when Easter comes you should have 2! :).

Much Love,
Sister

Wendy said...

I'm not doing as well. My weight loss has been stalled at 13# post surgery for 2 weeks now. And I think I'm experiencing the dreaded bloat that I was warned about. NO not comfortable, and makes it feel like it's hard to get a good, full breath without pain. But I'll work through it!

Second adjustment has been delayed until next week because of heartburn too. But it's just another wall to climb, right?

Kerri said...

Hey now, I gave up cussing too! That's a big sacrifice! :-)

Wendy, it took me 6 fills to finally get where I wanted to be, i'm not sure what you mean with the dreaded bloat, I didn't have that problem. They can't give you a fill with heartburn? wow! You will feel much better after you've had a couple more fills, but then you need to be very careful with eating! Not an easy thing for us! :-)
Stay warm! enjoy the week end
Kerri