Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Caitlin Rae Calgaro


Caitlin Rae Calgaro
November 15, 1991 April 28, 2008


Caitlin Rae Calgaro, 16, of Iron, died Monday, April 28, 2008, in a tragic motor vehicle accident in Cherry.She was born Nov. 15, 1991, in Virginia, the daughter of John and Loni Calgaro.

She lived in the Virginia area the past several years, most recently in Cherry. Caitlin had a strong faith in the Lord, she “Loved the Lord,” and was confirmed at the Trinity Lutheran Church in Virginia on May 2007.

She enjoyed volleyball, softball, skating, hockey, horseback riding, playing flute in band, camp, and being a ski instructor.

She is survived by her parents, John and Loni; brothers, Dustin Calgaro of St. Cloud and Travis Calgaro of Lakeland; sister, McKenzie Calgaro of Iron; paternal grandparents, Marian Skrbich of Goodland and Richard Calgaro of Grand Rapids; maternal grandparents, Darlene and Jim Sherrard of Zimmerman; aunts and uncles, Rick (Barb) Calgaro, Monica (Steve) Carpenter, Mike (Sue) Taylor, Shelly (Randy) Jacobsen, Cathy (Tom) Kremers, Jim (Karen) Calgaro, David (Mitzi) Calgaro; cousins; and many friends.


Funeral: Service will be at 11 a.m. on Monday, May 5, at Grace Lutheran Church in Hibbing.Visitation: Will be from 6 – 8 p.m., Sunday, May 4, and for one hour prior to the funeral service on Monday at Grace Lutheran Church in Hibbing. Revs. Brad Felix and Mark Palmer will officiate.Burial: Interment will be at Maple Grove Cemetery, Goodland Township.Memorials may be directed to the Family of Caitlin Calgaro, C/O Trinity Lutheran Church, 900 S. 13th St., Virginia, MN 55792.Family services provided by Bauman-Cron, a Bauman Family Funeral Home in Virginia. To leave a personal remembrance of Caitlin online, please see: www.baumanfuneralhome.com.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

catlin was an amazing girl filled with warm laughs and hugs. She always brought a smile to your face and she always will. She was fun and filled with excitment. We will always remember her as she was, amazing. I love her and miss her and she will always be in my heart.

Anonymous said...

catlin was an amazing girl filled with warm laughs and hugs. She always brought a smile to your face and she always will. She was fun and filled with excitment. We will always remember her as she was, amazing. I love her and miss her and she will always be in my heart. sincerly, chrissy c.

Kerri said...

Thank you anonymous! It's so hard to accept she's gone! So hard to understand, but I thank God for her relationship with God because that alone is what will help us all continue with our time here on earth!
I see her smile in my mind and it makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

i remember driving to a twins game with caitlin and briana. we all were sitting in the backseat and reading cosmopolitan and reading all the goofy stories...that was the day we discovered what a merkin was and we had the greatest time calling people a merkin. everyday after that in school she was like a little sister to me and we joked around and made fun of eachother...we were always having a good time and laughing whenever we were around eachother. i will always think of her when i see a cosmopolitan magazine or hear the song "independent" by webbie...she could never spell it. she will be greatly missed and shell always be in my heart.

Kerri said...

HI Krista,
Thanks for sharing, you brought a smile to my face this morning! I can see you guys in my mind being goofy! Now I need to find out what a merkin is!

take care,
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerri. We stumbled upon your blog when we were looking for info on where to send memorials for caitlin. What a terrible tragedy. On the same day we had a funeral for a cousins mother who suddenly collapsed and died very unexpectedly. We also had a firefighter from Pine City who died on the way to a fire call. That funeral was also on Monday. Such a sad day. We had many families to pray for this past week. It is sometimes hard to understand why things happen the way they do. We first heard about caitlin on the news and it was a real shock. We knew when we saw the picture on the news and heard the name who it was. Kerri contact us some time we really miss you. The James Family

Anonymous said...

caitlin always filled the halls with laughter. I really didnt know her that well. but i was very jealous of her. she had so many friends, shes so pretty. she has a great life. i still miss her alot. she was an amazing volleyball player too. shes missed very much!

Anonymous said...

Caitlin is the little sister i will unfortunately never get the chance to really know. I often have dreams of my wedding day and see her standing beside my at the alter in a beautiful bridesmaid dress, I usually dream about her nightly. It's hard to be so close the family & to go to John's house (her dad) walk inside and her not being there. Up until she passed there was never a time we were at her house that she wasn't there. Caitlin and Brianna's laugher always warmed up the household on taco night. I miss those nights. I regret the fact that i never gave us the can't to get to know each other. i guess i just always thought there would be time for us to become friends. But i under estimated what a wonderful person was in front of us and how in a blink of an eye she could be gone. Now i will live my life doing better things then i once did, I will keep my spirit up and my hopes high in knowing one day when i get to gods kingdom i will be able to see that adorable calgaro smile again.
<3 u Caitlin.

Anonymous said...

Caitlin was one of the most amazing girls i have ever known i am her youngest cousin even though i am only 6 months younger then her she always made fun of me for being the baby until 11 years later her little sister came along and is now the youngest in the family. Caitlin is one of those girls who was truly different then all the rest she was so true to herself and her friends. i still to this day havent found anyone as real as her, she was always there for me and we could talk about anything. no matter what she will always be in my heart. i dont go one day without thinking about her

Anonymous said...

caitlin was the most amazing person that i knew and i loved her crazy pink hair! She was so beautiful! I will always miss her and remember her.

Anonymous said...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=scdzyg&s=5

I LOVE HER! and will always miss her until i see her again.

backyard animal sex stories said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love kerridrees.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Bella Calgaro said...

Caitlyn was and still my cousin,she was my best friend even though I was only 7 she was my role modal now im a 13 year old now but I love her SOOOO MUCH I LOVE OYU CAITLYN