Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The loss of a dear friend

I got a call from a dear friend of mine in Hibbing, Sarah Kivela. I couldn't talk, was on the air and she said, "Kerri, you must call me back ASAP."

A week ago Sunday I got a call from a very dear friend Loni Calgaro. Her and her family are very special and precious to me and my family. Her oldest son Dustin(22) spent a couple years living with us several years ago. They also have a son Travis 20, daughter Caitlin 16, and Mcenzie 4 1/2.

Loni and I talked about "stuff" and we shared the excitement of seeing each other this coming week end. Caitlyn and I have always been great friends too! I love her so much. She will be missed. I am still in shock. I just sent her a text yesterday, wondering why she didn't reply, now I know why!

http://www.startribune.com/18361254.html

Please pray for them!
Kerri


Psalm 18 (King James Version)

Psalm 18
1I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
4The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
5The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.
6In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm so sorry Kerri.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am/was one of Caitlin's classmates. We all really miss her and we love her so much. Our prayers and thoughts go out to all of Caitlin's family and friends.

Kerri said...

HI, thanks for the support! I talked with Loni her mom yesterday, it was so good to hear her voice and let her know i'm here. I told Loni I wouldn't ask how she's doing because I know she's not doing ok. But that I am here for her and her family and anything they need, just ask!

It's the love of friends, family and God that will get them/us thru!

Please leave any comments on my blog, it's why I created it!

God Bless,
Kerri