Friday, April 11, 2008

Cancer

HI there...so last night after the SIOUX lost big time my dear hubby asked me to watch a TV show he had taped the night before. (I had to do station work, so I missed this show). It was the Diane Sawyer special on Randy Pauch author of The Last Lecture ....at the time, Randy had been given 3-6 healthy months to live. As I sat and watched this special, I was in tears, what an amazing man. Amazing wife and 3 beautiful children. If you don't take the time to do anything else, please watch this, it's a little over an hour long, but you will be incredible blessed by Randy. I'm going to buy his book today!

(see the YOUTUBE video here)

Here is Randy's blog too: HERE

I am also a Mike Gallagher fan, www.mikeonline.com

message from Mike

As I drove into work today, Kevin Wall was in for Mike and at the close of his show he shared the news that Mike's wife Denise took a turn for the worse......cancer......


As I sit here getting ready to do another morning show, I have tears in my eyes, but yet I'm thankful for a husband who battled cancer and won, he is now cancer free. I have my father, diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer: mantel cell lymphoma

Most people die from it, my dad DID NOT. He's had an extremely hard battle the last 2 years with it, but won! I called my dad last week and he gave me the good news! CANCER FREE!

Please visit our website www.97kyck.com and look at the information about our Relay For Life coming up, join our team! Help us make a difference!

God bless you and remember to tell the people you love that you love them. Give em a big hug too!

Kerri
<><

1 comment:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I also remember Steve in my prayers as a cancer survivor as well. There is so much cancer, very sad.

Love you!